Reaching the Hispanic Market - Getting Started with a Plan
Now that you have more information about the Hispanic market, what are the next steps? The Hispanic Quick Start K it has a number of sections to assist you with putting together a business plan:
- Step 1 - Obtaining Board Approval presents an outline and a sample presentation for your board of directors: Obtaining Board Approval
- Step 2 - Regulations and Procedures presents an overview of regulatory issues regarding immigration and documentation: Regulations and Procedures while, Step 5 provides detailed information on the many types of documentation being accepted by credit unions and how you can decide which ones you will accept.
- Step 3 - Market Research provides guidance and examples of questionnaires that credit unions have used in their communities to assist in analyzing the need to serve this market: Market Research
- Step 4 - Community Partnerships, you don't have to do this alone. It's important to find out if there are other community resources available (even other credit unions) who-you can partner with to help you acheive your goal of serving the Hispanic community: Community partnerships
- Step 7 - Service Offerings describes the many types of services that you may want to offer as well as providing you with a services analysis checklist.
The Quick Start Kit contains much more information but focusing on the above steps will help you with an overall business plan to get your program started. You can access the complete Quick Start Kit here.