The National Youth Saving Challenge™, sponsored by GreenPath Debt Solutions, is held during the month of April in conjunction with National Credit Union Youth Week and is hosted by the Credit Union National Association.
By starting youth on the right path setting goals and saving to reach them, the National Youth Saving Challenge helps credit unions build strong, long-term relationships with youth and their families.
This year, 94,466 young members deposited more than $20.5 million into their savings accounts during this national event—with 8,844 of those being new accounts! Read about why credit unions take the challenge.
Participation is FREE. Only affiliated credit unions can participate. Read the full rules and regulations.
New this Year:
- $2,500 in prizes for youth - Through the generous sponsorship support from GreenPath, we’re increasing the number of $100 cash prizes given to participating youth in 2014 from 10 to 25. Thank you, GreenPath, for your sponsorship!
- Nearly $3,000 in prizes for participating credit unions.
2014 National Youth Saving Challenge Youth Winners:
Arca, Age 3
Members First Community CU
Ryan, Age 3
Michael, Age 11
Great Lakes CU
Tayler, Age 9
Corry Jamestown CU
Jailene, Age 10
Greater Chautauqua FCU
Nathan, Age 9
Sean, Age 11
School Systems FCU
- Nathan, age 7, of Grand Rapids, Mich., from AAC Credit Union
- Madison, age 17, of Garland, Texas, from America’s CU
- Savannah, age 13, of Wyoming, Mich., from ATL Federal Credit Union
- Joella, age 8, of Watertown, S.D., from Avanti, FCU
- Cooper, age 4, of Mattoon, Ill., from Blaw-Knox CU
- Jack, age 7, of Saginaw, Mich., from Catholic FCU
- Ayden, age 3, of Stockton, Calif., from Central State CU
- Tayler, age 9, of Corry, Pa., from Corry Jamestown CU
- Tanner, age 10, of Jeannette, Pa., from Elliott FCU
- Ann, age 10, of St. Peters, Mo., from 1st Financial FCU
- Michael, age 11, of North Chicago, Ill, from Great Lakes CU
- Jailene, age 10, of Falconer, N.Y., from Greater Chautauqua FCU
- Renesia, age 17, of Richmond, Va., from Henrico FCU
- Avery, age 7, of Glens Falls, N.Y., from Hudson River Community CU
- Sophie, age 2, of Lafayette, La., from Lafayette Schools FCU
- Lenny, age 9, of New Johnsonville, Tenn., from Lakeside ECU
- Arca, age 3, of Quincy, Ill., from Members First Community CU
- William, age 16, of Niagara Falls, N.Y., from Niagara’s Choice FCU
- Ryan, age 3, of Herndon, Va., from Northwest FCU
- Jonah, age 6, of Cloquet, Minn., from Northwoods CU
- Delaney, age 8, of Eugene, Ore., from Oregon Community CU
- Thomas, age 6, of Princeton, N.J., from Princeton FCU
- Sean, age 11, of Troy, N.Y., from School Systems FCU
- Dylan, age 11, of LaGrange, Ohio, from Sun Center FCU
- Nathan, age 9, of Bridgeville, Pa., from Visionary FCU
Questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
National Youth Involvement Board (NYIB) Reminder:
Every student counts! Remember to report youth presentation numbers to NYIB. Strong numbers demonstrate to state and national legislators how the credit union industry is changing lives through their commitment to financial literacy.