Sometimes the look in the mirror is the most difficult one of all. But it often yields the most useful information. Credit union management is expected to evaluate the staff, and the executive team; even the CEO gets significant scrutiny from the board. But who will evaluate the board or the committee if not themselves? High performing and effective volunteers are willing to evaluate themselves for the best interest of the credit union. This CUNA Training on Demand course will show you how to make this process manageable and relatively painless; not to mention beneficial.
See a preview.
See a PDF sample of the workbook.
Estimated length of course: 30 minutes
This is a CUNA Training on Demand course.
After this Training on Demand course, you will be able to:
- Describe how to use comprehensive ratings to evaluate yourself in several different categories: financial fitness, board governance, your relationship with the CEO, and the strategic planning process
- Understand how to use a simple, 2-part questionnaire in order to help you better understand how your board functions and identify areas of improvement
- Determine how to rank yourself and your board
- Find areas of strength and areas of challenge that may need growth and/or development
- Complete and analyze a post-board meeting evaluation form
With each CUNA Training on Demand purchase, you will receive five online exams through CUNA Professional Development Online (CPD Online). Exam instructions will be provided after your order is processed.
Additional exams can be purchased for $24.50 each.
This course is included with a CUNA Volunteer Network membership.