MADISON, Wis. (9/5/12)--The fourth class of International Credit Union Development Education (I-CUDE) designees was recognized by the seven international Credit Union Development Educator (CUDE) programs and the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) at the recent 2012 World Credit Union Conference in Gdańsk, Poland.
World Council of Credit Unions Director Scott Kennedy recognized International Credit Union Development Education designees at the 2012 World Credit Union Conference in Gdańsk, Poland. (Photo provided by National Credit Union Foundation)
Fifteen credit union professionals received the I-CUDE distinction. They include:
- Sharon Angus-Crawshaw, North Wales CU, United Kingdom (U.K.);
- Mercedes D. Castillo, VICTO National, Philippines;
- Richard L. "Dick" Ensweiler, Texas Credit Union League, Farmers Branch, Texas;
- Carlene Frimer, United Communities CU, Canada;
- Kathy Garner, Catalyst Corporate FCU, Duluth, Ga.;
- Angela Hampson, Glasgow CU, U.K.;
- Mary Henderson, Glasgow CU, U.K.;
- Terri Hendrix, S.C. Telco FCU, Greenville, S.C.;
- Alan Hignett, Hull & East Yorkshire CU, U.K.;
- Robert Kelly, NHS CU, U.K.;
- Barbara Main, Main Communications, Madison, Wis.;
- Jill Nowacki, Maps CU, Salem, Ore.;
- Kelly V. Schermerhorn, CES CU, Mount Vernon, Ohio;
- Edwina Sykes, No. 1 CopperPot CU/North Yorkshire CU, U.K.; and
- Kevin Waters, Staffordshire CU, U.K.
The Development Education program encourages an international exchange of ideas and opportunities around credit union philosophy. The seven international CUDE programs offer their development educators the opportunity to achieve an I-CUDE designation.
To achieve this distinction, development educators must:
- Complete their local Development Education (DE) program;
- Complete an independent studies project appropriate to the learning objectives of the DE program;
- Participate in an international program, conference or training opportunity. This may include but is not limited to an international DE program, an international immersion program or an international volunteer assignment; and
- Attend WOCCU's World Credit Union Conference or a regional confederation conference.
The seven international DE programs are based in Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Europe, Great Britain, the Philippines and the U.S. Those holding local DE certification who are interested in applying for international certification should contact local program leaders, including:
- Asia--Ranjith Hettiarachchi, CEO, Association of Asian Confederation of Credit Unions, Thailand;
- Australia--Peter Mason, Credit Union Foundation Australia;
- Caribbean--Melvin Edwards, CEO, Caribbean Confederation of Credit Unions, West Indies;
- Europe--Marlene Shiels, chief executive, Capital Credit Union Ltd., Scotland;
- Great Britain--Mary Henderson, Glasgow CU, U.K.;
- Philippines--Mercedes D. Castillo, VICTO National, Philippines; and
- U.S.-- Christopher Morris or Lois Kitsch, National Credit Union Foundation.