MADISON, Wis. (2/15/12)--CUNA Brokerage Services Inc. is honoring 24 financial advisers with Women of Distinction awards for their superior performance, value to their investment and insurance programs, exceptional client service, and contribution to the financial services industry and the company.
Created by women, for women, the Women of Distinction awards recognize the top performing female financial advisers within CUNA Brokerage Services' broker/dealer operation nationally.
"Their contributions to the clients they serve, the financial services industry and to the women they mentor are exemplary and worthy of recognition," said Jim Metz, president of CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc.
Candidates are nominated by industry peers. Then, selections are based on the nominee's annual performance and outlined contribution to their clientele, the credit unions they serve and the financial services industry.
Award recipients participate in a national mentoring program to work with other female advisers who are new to the industry or those who wish to grow in their profession.
2012 Women of Distinction recipients include:
- Catherine Barnes, VyStar CU, Orange Park, Fla.;
- Emmor Boslet, Belco Community CU, Camp Hill, Pa.;
- Julie Brand, First Light FCU, El Paso, Texas;
- Jody Brown, Summit CU, Madison, Wis.;
- Jane Brockway, University of Illinois CU, Champaign, Ill.;
- Kathy Chesney, Pacific Marine CU, Oceanside, Calif.;
- Ellen Coppinger, Y-12 FCU, Oakridge, Tenn.;
- Wendy Cundari, North County CU, San Diego, Calif.;
- Carol Diest, First Community FCU, Kalamazoo, Mich.;
- Judy Ebert, Deere ECU, Moline, Ill.;
- Mary Finnegan-Ongaro, Members Cooperative CU, Duluth, Minn.;
- Leigh Glover, Southeast Financial FCU, Brentwood, Tenn.;
- Kim Hamblin, America First CU, Ogden, Utah;
- Tiffany Haupert, Beacon CU, Wabash, Ind.;
- Anna Kamp, Anheuser-Busch Eemployees CU, St. Louis;
- Jane Kilby, VyStar CU, Orange Park, Fla.;
- Michelle Luce, Great Northwest FCU, Aberdeen, Wash.;
- Stephanie Morales, Arizona Central CU, Phoenix, Ariz.;
- Pamela Schwartz, Alcoa Tenn FCU, Alcoa, Tenn.;
- Swan Shen, RTN FCU, Waltham, Mass.;
- Kim Shirk, Heritage CU, Newburgh, Ind.;
- Cindy Sforza, Schools First FCU, Huntington Beach, Calif.;
- Suzi Williams, Yakima Valley CU, Yakima, Wash.; and
- Gale Zumpano; Alabama CU, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
CUNA Brokerage Services Inc. uses face-to-face financial advisers to help credit unions meet member retirement, investment and insurance needs. Working onsite at credit unions, financial advisers provide members with financial services from simple transactions to complex financial planning and wealth management services.