MADISON, Wis. (11/22/11)--With technology at their fingertips virtually all the time, consumers have different expectations about how their financial institutions communicate with them, according to a new white paper from the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council.
Simply state, technology has put consumers in control, and they decide when and how they want to be contacted, Mark Arnold explained in "Online Marketing Tactics."
It's up to credit unions to adapt to the new rules by learning their members' preferences and appealing to them in a way that gets their attention.
"Digital media is unfamiliar territory for a lot of credit unions," Arnold writes. "It doesn't change the fact that whatever credit union marketers implement has to support their brand and promote the credit union. Whatever campaign they put together--online or traditional--it should have the three core elements of any campaign: target, offer and message. Making the online strategy what it is--a smaller piece of a much larger puzzle--helps align it with the overall business goals."
The white paper:
- Shares current technology trends;
- Examines online marketing elements worth considering;
- Discusses the essentials of an online marketing strategy;
- Provides tips on implementing online marketing tactics; and
- Reinforces the concept that using online marketing tactics has the potential to reach more people and produce better results for less money.