MADISON, Wis. (3/19/12)--CUNA Mutual Group has appointed Thomas C. Godlasky--who has a 31-year tenure as an insurance executive--to its board of directors.
Godlasky most recently served as CEO of Aviva North America, where he conducted oversight of an operation exceeding $350 million in revenue and more than 5,000 employees. His responsibilities included the strategic management and leadership for the second largest property and casualty company (Aviva Canada) and the second-largest life and annuity company (Aviva USA) within Aviva.
Some of Godlasky's most notable achievements as CEO include post-acquisition integration of AmerUs Group into Aviva plc, creating a pan-regional headquarters for the North American businesses and doubling the size of the company's U.S. business within two years.
Other CUNA Mutual Group board members include:
- Alan Peppers (chairman), president/CEO, Westerra CU, Denver;
- Joseph J. Gasper, retired president/chief operating officer, Nationwide Insurance;
- Loretta Burd, president/CEO, Centra CU, Columbus, Ind.;
- Eldon Arnold, retired president/CEO, CEFCU, Peoria, Ill.;
- Bert J. Hash Jr., president/CEO, Municipal Employees CU of Baltimore, Inc.;
- Farouk D.G. Wang, retired director, Buildings & Grounds Management, University of Hawaii;
- Larry T. Wilson, president/CEO, Coastal FCU, Raleigh, N.C.;
- James W. Zilinski, retired chairman, president/CEO, Berkshire Life Insurance Co.;
- Robert J. Marzec, retired audit partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers;
- M. Victoria Wood Miller, retired executive vice president and chief financial officer, Turner Broadcasting System Inc.;
- Randy M. Smith, CEO, Randolph-Brooks FCU, Live Oak, Texas; and
- Jeff Post, president/CEO, CUNA Mutual Group.