MADISON, Wis. (2/12/10)--Information about the 2010 Desjardins Award for Youth Financial Education--including all necessary forms and instructions--is now available on the Credit Union National Association's (CUNA) website. There are changes in three areas for this year: 1. Asset size categories for credit union entries
* Credit unions with less than $50 million in assets; * Credit unions with less than $50 million in assets; * Credit unions with $50 million to $150 million in assets; * Credit unions with $150 million to $500 million in assets; and * Credit unions with more than $500 million in assets.
2. Membership size categories for league entries
* 75 or fewer affiliated credit unions; * 76 to 150 affiliated credit unions; and * 151 or more affiliated credit unions.
3. Entry fee for state-winning credit union and chapter entries
submitted to CUNA for national judging will be $60. As always, there is no charge for league entries. The deadline for league entries and league-determined state-level winning entries is Aug. 27. Credit unions should consult their league for its state-level judging deadline. 2009 Desjardins winning and honorable mention entries will be on display at CUNA’s Governmental Affairs Conference, Feb. 21-25 in Washington, D.C., and award recipients will be feted at an invitation-only reception. 2009 winners include:
* Arapahoe CU, Centennial, Colo.; * Beach Municipal FCU Partnership, Virginia Beach, Va.; * Indianhead CU, Spooner, Wis.; * Maine Credit Union League; * Rogue FCU, Medford, Ore.; and * Unison CU, Kaukauna, Wis.
2009 honorable mentions include:
* American Partners FCU, Reidsville, N.C.; * Credit Union Association of Oregon; * Dakota Plains CU, Edgeley, N.D.; * DuPont Community CU, Waynesboro, Va.; * Greater Minnesota CU, Mora, Minn.; * Ohio University CU, Athens, Ohio; * Sunflower U.P. FCU, Marysville, Kan.; * Virginia Educators CU, Newport News, Va.