DENVER (9/10/09)--A fire that started on Sunday night damaged a new branch site of Bellco CU in Grand Junction, Colo., according to local media. The fire started in an air conditioner on the roof of the building. A passing motorist saw the flames around 11:30 p.m. Sunday night and called the fire department. The Grand Junction Fire Department was able to put out the fire before it caused serious damage (Grand Junction Daily Sentinel Sept. 7). The credit union building was being remodeled from a restaurant during the past three months, but will open on time despite the fire, said Nancy Hill, vice president of Bellco’s Western Slope branch. The credit union’s interior was not affected and there was no smell of smoke. Damages are estimated at $100,000, but the estimate may be high, the newspaper said.