Archive Links

Consumer Archive
CU System Archive
Market Archive
Products Archive
Washington Archive

News Now

CU System
Firefighters praise CU staff in preventing fire
SANFORD, Maine (1/2/09)--Firefighters praised the staff of Ocean Communities FCU’s Sanford, Maine, branch for preventing a serious fire that could have destroyed the credit union’s building. Sanford Fire Department Capt. Brian Smith told local reports that staff at the $130.9 million asset credit union, dialed 9-1-1 just before the branch closed Tuesday night to report smoke coming out of the eaves of the building (Portland Press Herald Dec. 30). After several minutes, firefighters pinpointed the cause: an overheated halogen lamp that was installed in an area under renovation. The area surrounding the lamp was charred and smoldering and likely would have caught fire had not the staff alerted the fire department, said Smith. Officials disconnected the power source and said the lamp will need to be replaced.


RSS print
News Now LiveWire
.@USATODAY print edition features #creditunion membership march to #100mm. Zoom in on lower left hand corner #NewsNow http://t.co/Xv8fyX7ces
15 minutes ago
No special assessment for ASI member #creditunions in 2014. See #NewsNow http://t.co/NwL9eJwbiQ
27 minutes ago
.@MICreditUnions is recruiting member #creditunions to participate in a campaign to help state residents thrive in retirement.
37 minutes ago
#NewsNow: How @MyCUgov makes financial education resources available (Pt1 in a 2-Pt series) http://t.co/XzvD5sj8Am
40 minutes ago
Consumer spending, income slip in July #Market #NewsNow http://t.co/GHFviIePLS
2 hours ago