MADISON, Wis. (9/26/12)--CUNA Mutual Group's third annual, daylong Online Discovery Conference on Oct. 9 is offering 13 free credit union-focused sessions from the convenience of participants' desks.
Online Discovery is the Web-based equivalent of a face-to-face conference without the associated expenses, or time away from the office. Nearly 1,000 credit union industry professionals have already registered to attend the event, said CUNA Mutual.
This year's agenda features networking opportunities, including chat rooms and message boards; an exhibit hall and prizes. Registration guarantees access to conference materials after the event is over.
John Lass, CUNA Mutual senior vice president, strategy and business development, is the keynote speaker. Lass will build upon the sustainable growth framework, with a particular focus on the competitive challenges posed by financial convergence, technology and consumer channel preferences.
The conference also will feature these industry thought leaders and presentations:
- Mark Arnold, president, On the Mark Strategies, "Strengthen Your Bottom Line with Advanced Sales Techniques";
- Tracy Ashfield, president, Ashfield & Associates, "The Regulators are Coming: How to Prepare for Your Next Real Estate Exam";
- Alan Bergstrom, director, Brand & Creative Services, CUNA Mutual Group, "How to Build a Brand that Sticks";
- Bill Klewin and Lauren Calhoun, compliance managers, CUNA Mutual Group, "Lending in Today's Regulatory Environment";
- Ann Davidson, senior risk consultant, CUNA Mutual Group, "Card Chip Technology: Why You Should Act Now, Not Later";
- Pablo DeFilippi, director of membership, National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions, "Create a Community Development Strategy and Tap into 70 million Prospective Members";
- Patrick McElhenie, sales planner, CUNA Mutual Group, "Translating Lending Trends into Strategies to Fuel Growth";
- Michael Ogden, media relations manager, CUNA Mutual Group, "Stop Missing the Mark with Social Media";
- Ben Rogers, research director, Filene Research Institute, "New Insights to Grow Your Credit Union and Finding Member-Friendly Non-Interest Income";
- Andy Sernovitz, CEO, WordOfMouth.org, "How to Get People Talking About Your Credit Union"; and
- Howie Wu, vice president of virtual banking, Boeing Employees CU in Tukwila, Wash., "Solid Strategies to Gain Mobile Users in Our Always-On World."
Each conference session will feature video and audio--new features this year. The revamped scheduled chats also will feature live video streaming.
The online event is designed for CEOs, senior leadership and management teams of credit unions. However, all credit union and league employees are welcome, CUNA Mutual said.
For more information use the link.