MADISON, Wis. (10/31/13)--Zombie Debit Cards and Car Loans. Screaming Deals. Pumpkin Patch Stories. Pumpkin Carving Contests. Facebook Halloween Costume Contests. Credit unions are having fun getting into the Halloween spirit.
The Financial Brand highlighted "10 Spooktacular Halloween Promos From Credit Unions" on its website Tuesday, assembling a gallery of "10 frightfully fun, freaky and fangtastic Halloween promotions."
In the spotlight are:
1. Element FCU, Charleston, W. Va. Zombie debit cards are a "no brainer," exclaims the credit union's promotion. The zombie's name on the card is "Ben Dead."
2. Pegasus Community CU, Dallas, Texas. Members can win $150 by posting pumpkin patch stories, photos of pets in a Halloween costume, or photos of carved pumpkins on its Facebook page.
3. Logix CU, Burbank, Calif. It asked Facebook fans to carve a pumpkin in the likeness of its robot mascot.
4. Denver (Colo.) Community CU. Its Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness video on YouTube provides safety tips. (Use the link.)
5. Texoma Community CU, Wichita Falls, Texas. As sponsor of charity event 2013 Zombie 5K Crawl, it offered a Zombie Car Loan with rates that would make a zombie smile.
6. STCU, Springfield, Mass. It redid its Facebook page for Halloween but went further than most, with cover photo, profile photo and dashboard of tabs for apps and widgets featuring spooky artwork.
7. Streator (Ill.) Onized CU. It's Facebook Halloween costume contest offers $150 in prizes.
8. Webster First FCU, Worcester, Mass. Its "Boo-tiful Photo Contest" awards the spookiest, kookiest and most boo-tiful photos on its Facebook page with iPad Minis.
9. Rivermark Community CU, Beaverton, Ore. It offers "Screaming Deals with "No Tricks. $100 Treat."
10. Sunmark FCU, Latham, N.Y. Its auto rates (1.85% annual percentage rate) are dubbed "Spooktacular."
For the full visual effects of each credit union highlighted, use the link to TheFinancialBrand.com. Also, see a related News Now story, "GoBankingRates.com Highlights CU Community Halloween Events," by using the link.