NAPERVILLE, Ill. (4/22/13)--Several elections by the Illinois Credit Union League (ICUL) and affiliated organizations took place at the league's 83rd Annual Convention last week in Naperville, including the seating of four board incumbents re-elected to three-year terms.
| Four directors were sworn in at the Illinois Credit Union League's Annual Convention last week. From left, are: Secretary/treasurer Peggy Cummins, CEO, Three Rivers Community CU, Mt. Carmel; Chairman Geri Burek, CEO of South Division CU, Evergreen Park; Dennis Schaefer, CEO, SIU CU, Carbondale; and Sean Rathjen, CEO, Consumers Cooperative CU, Waukegan. Leading the oath is Vice Chairman Pete Paulson, left, CEO, Corporate America Family CU, Elgin. (Photo provided by the Illinois Credit Union League) |
Re-elected officers were:
- Chairman Geraldine Burek, CEO of South Division CU, Evergreen Park. Burek also will serve as ICUL Service Corp. (LSC) chairman.
- Vice chairman Pete Paulson, CEO, Corporate America Family CU, Elgin, who also continues as LSC vice chairman.
- Secretary/treasurer Peggy Cummins, CEO, Three Rivers Community CU, Mt. Carmel.
Directors re-elected to three-year terms included Sean Rathjen, CEO, Consumers Cooperative CU, Waukegan, and Dennis Schaefer, CEO, SIU CU, Carbondale.
The full ICUL board of directors is:
- District 1: Cummins; Kerry Fearn, CEO, Area Educational CU, Mattoon; Alan Meyer, executive vice president/chief operating officer, 1st MidAmerica CU, Bethalto; and Schaefer.
- District 2: Janet Francoeur, CEO, Riverside Community CU, Kankakee;Burek; Tim O'Donnell, executive vice president, Financial Plus CU, Ottawa; and Carl Sorgatz, Great Lakes CU, Naperville.
- District 3: Karen Jurasek, CEO, Generations CU, Rockford; Patrick Basler, CEO, First Financial CU, Skokie; Rathjen; and Paulson.
The Illinois Credit Union Foundation (ICUF) re-elected its officers to one-year terms. They included:
- Chairman: David Mooney, CEO, Alliant CU, Chicago;
- Vice Chairman: Tom Pierce, CEO, Midwest Operating Engineers CU, Countryside; and
- Secretary/Treasurer: Michael Lee, president, Midwest region, Alloya Corporate FCU, Warrenville.
Three ICUF board members were also re-elected to three-year terms: Cummins; John Fiore, CEO, Motorola Employees CU, Schaumburg; and Greg Worthen, director of lending, 1st MidAmerica CU, Bethalto.
The league's Credit Union Political Action Committee elected officers to one-year terms:
- Chairman: Brenda Crane, chief operating officer, Credit Union 1, Rantoul;
- Vice Chairman: Pete Fauth, vice president/CFO, Financial Plus CU, Ottawa;
- Treasurer: Brian Cedergren, CEO, Abri CU, Romeoville; and
- Secretary: RaeAnn Love, CEO, Commonwealth CU, Bourbonnais.
New directors elected to replace retiring ones are Kristine Kowalski, vice president of marketing for Kane County Teachers CU, Elgin; and Jim Pigott, Chicago Patrolmen's FCU, Chicago.
The Illinois Youth Involvement Council re-elected its executive committee:
- Chairman: Jeri Hanson, president, Danville Consolidated CU, Danville;
- Vice Chairman: Wednesday Medlen, business development/membership officer, Community Plus FCU, Rantoul; and
- Secretary/Treasurer: Susan Bentley, business development coordinator, Advantage One CU, Morrison.
ICUL's three-day convention concluded Saturday. More than 650 executives representing 120 credit unions attended.