WICHITA, Kansas (4/25/12)--More than 350 Kansas credit union representatives gathered in Wichita last weekend to mark the Kansas Credit Union Association's (KCUA) 77th Annual Meeting and Convention, and to witness five of their colleagues receive honors.
Larry Eisenhauer, left, president/CEO of Kansas Corporate CU, Wichita, received the Henry Peterson Professional of the Year Award at the Kansas Credit Union Association's (KCUA) 77th Annual Meeting and Convention . Pictured with Eisenhauer are KCUA staff Marla Marsh, Bob Mayes and Elizabeth Stuart.
The two-day event featured industry speakers and a variety of educational and networking opportunities. The keynote presentation by Mark Sievewright, president of CU Solutions at Fiserv, addressed the ever-changing financial landscape. Other sessions included social media, member relations, credit bureau fraud and sessions specifically for young professionals.
The five credit union leaders honored at the event included:
- Larry Eisenhauer, president/CEO of Kansas Corporate CU, Wichita, received the Henry Peterson Professional of the Year Award.
- Larry Duntz, chairman of the Board for Central Star CU, Wichita, and Robert Reeves, chairman of the Board for Kansas State University FCU, Manhattan, were honored as the John Michener Volunteers of the Year.
- Henry Buset, Kansas Teachers Community CU, Pittsburg, was inducted into the KCUA Hall of Fame.
- LeeAnn Marker, Hutchinson CU, Hutchinson, received the Political Involvement Award.
Mid American CU was also recognized for winning a first-place award in the Desjardins Youth Financial Education Program. The Wichita-based credit union won the award for teaching a financial literacy course to more than 500 students as part of a summer youth program in some of Wichita's most culturally diverse and economically disadvantaged neighborhoods.
From left, Bob Corwin and Rick Dodds of Meritrust CU with John Smith, Kansas Department of Credit Unions at the Kansas Credit Union Association Annual Meeting. (Photos provided by Kansas Credit Union Association.)
As part of the association's business meeting, KCUA conducted its annual board elections. The Executive Committee was elected. It includes:
- Chairman--Jim Holt, president/CEO of Mid American CU, Wichita;
- Vice Chair--Don Homan, Frontier Community CU, Leavenworth; and
- Secretary/Treasurer--Vickie Hurt, President of Quest CU, Topeka.
Newly-elected board members include:
- Rick Blue, president/CEO of White Eagle CU, Augusta; and
- Denise Bonner, manager of Wakarusa Valley CU, Lawrence.
KCUA board members continuing their terms include:
- John Beverlin, president/CEO of Mainstreet CU, Lenexa;
- Larry Damm, president/CEO of Cessna Employees CU, Wichita;
- Rosa Saenz, senior vice president of Golden Plains CU, Garden City; and
- Garth Strand, president/CEO of Hutchinson (Kan.) CU.