|Laida Garcia (right), president/CEO of Floridacentral CU in Tampa, Fla., and newly elected chairman of the National Credit Union Foundation, presents past Chairman Gary Oakland with a glass gavel at NCUF's board meeting in September. Oakland has been on the board since 2005 and recently retired as president/CEO of BECU in Tukwila, Wash. (Photo provided by the National Credit Union Foundation)|
MADISON, Wis. (1/22/13)--Laida Garcia, president/CEO of Floridacentral CU in Tampa, Fla., was elected chairman of the National Credit Union Foundation at NCUF's board meeting Jan.14 in Anaheim, Calif.
Other NCUF elected officers were:
- Vice Chairman--John Radebaugh, president/CEO of the North Carolina Credit Union League;
- Treasurer--Lee Butke, president/CEO, Corporate One FCU, Columbus, Ohio; and
- Secretary--Winona Nava, president/ CEO, Guadalupe CU, Santa Fe, N.M.
Angela McCathran, president/CEO of People's Trust FCU in Houston, Texas, was elected to fill the seat of past NCUF Chairman Gary Oakland. Oakland, who retired as president/CEO of BECU in Seattle, Wash., left the NCUF board late last year.
Edwin Williams, president/CEO of Discovery FCU in Wyomissing, Pa., joined the NCUF board as a Credit Union National Association Board representative, occupying the seat previously held by Paul Gentile, former president/CEO of the New Jersey Credit Union League. Gentile now is CUNA executive vice president, strategic communications and engagement.
The additional members of the NCUF board include:
- President--Bill Cheney, CUNA president/CEO;
- John Graham, president/CEO, Kentucky Employees CU, Frankfort, Ky.;
- John Gregoire, president, The ProCon Group, Madison, Wis.;
- Joe Guilfoy, executive director, Indiana Credit Union Foundation, and vice president of consulting & education, Indiana Credit Union League;
- Rudy Hanley, president/CEO, SchoolsFirst FCU, Santa Ana, Calif.;
- Stan Hollen, president/CEO, CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.;
- Christopher Roe, senior vice president, corporate and legislative affairs, CUNA Mutual Group, Madison, Wis.; and
- Mark Twisdale, senior vice president, human resources, State Employees' CU, Raleigh, N.C.