JEFFERSON CITY, MO. (4/8/08)--The Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) recognized the 2007 Missouri Dora Maxwell, Louise Herring and Desjardins Award winners at its Annual Advocacy and 79th annual Business Meeting April 1. The 2007 Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award winners are: First Place:
* $35 million-$75 million assets: Raytown-Lee’s Summit Community CU; * $75 million-$250 million assets: Arsenal CU, Arnold; and * More than $250 million assets: Vantage CU, Bridgeton.
Mazuma CU, Kansas City, took home three awards in the 2007 Missouri Credit Union award competition. Pictured are (from left): Mazuma’s Jose Diaz, supervisory committee member; David Kudrin, board member; Andrea Kellgren, branch manager; and John Walls, board chair; Rosie Holub, Missouri Credit Union Association president/CEO; and Mazuma’s Cynthia Little, branch manager, and Gerald Rosenblum, board treasurer. (Photo provided by the Missouri Credit Union Association)
* $75 million-$250 million: Alliance CU, Fenton; and * More than $250 million: Mazuma CU, Kansas City.
The 2007 Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Recognition Award winners are: First Place:
* Chapter: Springfield Chapter of Credit Unions; * $5 million-$20 million assets: Joplin Metro CU; * $20 million-$50 million assets: Raytown-Lee’s Summit Community CU; * $100 milion-$200 million: Neighbors CU, St. Louis; * $200-$500 million: Mazuma CU; and * More than $500 million: American Eagle CU, St. Louis.
* Chapter: St. Louis Chapter of Credit Unions; * $100 million-$200million assets: Mid Missouri CU, Ft. Leonard Wood; and * More than $500 million assets: American Eagle CU.
Honorable Mention: $100 milion-$200 million assets: 1st Financial FCU, St. Charles. 2007 Louise Herring Philosophy in Action Award winners are: First Place:
* Less than $50 million: Raytown-Lee’s Summit Community CU; and * More than $250 million: Mazuma CU.