LANSING, Mich. (10/16/13)--The Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates has named the state-level winners of the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility, Louise Herring Philosophy in Action and Alphonse Desjardins Financial Education awards (Michigan Monitor
The Dora Maxwell Award winners by asset size are:
- $20 million to $50 million, Communicating Arts CU, Detroit;
- $50 million to $100 million, North Central Area CU, Houghton Lake;
- $100 million to $200 million, Oakland County CU, Waterford;
- $200 million to $500 million, Alpena Alcona Area CU, Alpena; and
- $1 billion plus, Lake Trust CU, Brighton.
The Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Award winners are:
- $50 million to $250 million, Public Service CU, Romulus;
- $250 million to $1 billion, Michigan First CU, Lathrop Village; and
- $1 billion plus, Michigan Schools and Government CU, Clinton Township.
The Alphonse Desjardins Award winners in the youth financial education category are:
- $50 million to $150 million, Public Service CU;
- $150 million to $500 million, CASE CU, Lansing; and
- $500 million plus, Michigan Schools and Government CU.
The Alphonse Desjardins Award winners in the adult financial education category are:
- $150 million to $500 million, University of Michigan CU, Ann Arbor; and
- $500 million plus, Michigan First CU.
The winners will be honored at MCUL & Affiliates' annual convention.
Recognized for community service, service to members and non-members, and financial education, the award recipients also will compete for the same awards on the national level. National winners will be announced by the Credit Union National Association this fall, and will be invited to attend the 2014 CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.