GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (6/13/14)--The Michigan Credit Union League (MCUL) and the Michigan Credit Union Foundation (MCUF) named the winners of the 2014 MCUL and MCUF Awards last week during the league's Annual Convention and Exhibition (
Award winners exemplified those credit unions and credit union professionals who made a significant contribution to the industry in Michigan over the past year.
The awards and winners were:
- Credit Union Professional of the Year: Denise Fox, CEO, Education Plus CU, Monroe, with $94 million in assets;
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year: Frankenmuth (Mich.) CU, with $306 million in assets;
- Distinguished Service Award: Hank Hubbard, CEO, Communicating Arts CU, Detroit, with $33 million in assets;
- MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award: Blue Ox Chapter;
- Young Professional of the Year: Nick Montie, CEO, Thunder Bay Area CU, Alpena, with $22 million in assets;
- Credit Union Advocate of the Year: Sheryl Hogle, HarborLight CU, Whitehall, with $94 million in assets;
- Excellence in Consumer Education: Kathy Cypher, Frankenmuth CU;
- MCUF Credit Union Community Volunteer Award: Heather Luciani, Marshall (Mich.) Community CU, with $155 million in assets; and
- MCUF International Credit Union Development Award: Frankenmuth CU.
To see a summary of the work done by each of these credit unions and credit unions professionals, use the resource link.