LANSING, Mich. (9/25/12)--The Michigan Credit Union League has announced the winners of its 2012 Dora Maxwell, Louise Herring and Desjardins statewide competitions (Michigan Monitor
The Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Recognition Award Program honors credit unions for their involvement in community projects and activities. Dora Maxwell Award first-place winners include:
- Michigan One Community CU, Ionia, $50 million to $100 million in assets;
- Central Macomb Community CU, Clinton Township, $100 million to $200 million;
- CASE CU, Lansing, $200 million to $500 million;
- Credit Union ONE, Ferndale, $500 million to $1 billion; and
- Michigan State University FCU, East Lansing, $1 billion plus.
The Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award honors credit unions for their practical application of the people-helping-people philosophy. The Louise Herring Award first-place winners include:
- Communicating Arts CU, Detroit, less than $50 million in assets;
- Public Service CU, Romulus, $50 million to $250 million;
- Michigan First CU, Lathrup Village, $250 million to $1 billion; and
- Michigan Schools & Government CU, Clinton Township, $1 billion plus.
The Desjardins Youth/Adult Financial Education Award recognizes leadership within the credit union movement on behalf of youth/adult financial literacy. The Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award first-place winners include:
- CASE CU, $150 million to $500 million in assets; and
- Michigan Schools & Government CU, $500 million plus.
The Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award first-place winner is:
- Northland Area FCU, Oscoda, $150 million to $500 million.