MADISON, Wis. (6/11/14)--Only a few days remain to apply for the World Council Young Credit Union People (WYCUP) scholarship program.
Those interested must submit their nominations for the program by Monday, the World Council of Credit Unions said this week.
Applicants should demonstrate a passion for credit unions and should be interested in networking with young leaders from around the world.
The winners of the scholarship will be announced at an awards ceremony July 30 at the World Credit Union Conference in Gold Coast, Australia.
Each winner will receive an all-expenses-paid trip--including conference registration fee, travel costs, hotel accommodations and meals--to attend the 2015 World Credit Union conference in Denver.
"A top priority everywhere today is to grow young adult membership," said Brian Branch, World Council president/CEO. "We find tremendous insights that the industry can tap from the generation itself."
To be eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be 35 years of age or younger as of Jan. 1, 2014;
- Demonstrate leadership, personal commitment and the potential to significantly influence credit unions in and outside their country;
- Be sponsored by a World Council member organization to attend the 2014 World Credit Union Conference in Australia;
- Submit a completed nomination form and supporting materials by Monday;
- Not have been a previous scholarship recipient; and
- Not be a World Council employee.
To learn more about the WYCUP scholarship program or to download a nomination form, use the resource link.