MADISON, Wis. (1/31/12)--Lee Butke, president/CEO of Corporate One FCU, Columbus, Ohio, has been appointed to the the National Credit Union Foundation's (NCUF) board of directors.
Butke joined the board at NCUF's board meeting in Scottsdale, Ariz., last week. He is the new Association of Corporate Credit Unions (ACCU) representative on the board.
NCUF has worked with Corporate One FCU for years, most notably on the Community Investment Fund, the foundation's primary funding mechanism, Bucky Sebastian, NCUF executive director, said.
The NCUF board also voted to update the foundation's annual grant program, Financial Education Grants, to make a bigger impact. Instead of a number of smaller grants for different projects, the foundation will make one large grant to support a replicable project around financial education. The NCUF Grants Committee is finalizing details of the grant changes and will provide an announcement in the spring.
NCUF has also updated its logo and mission. The new logo tagline is "Making Financial Freedom Achievable." The updated mission statement is "making financial freedom achievable through credit unions."
National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) Chairman Gary Oakland presents board member Sandy Lingerfelt with a glass gavel at NCUF's Jan. 24 board meeting. Lingerfelt has been on the NCUF board for more than ten years. (Photos provided by National Credit Union Foundation)
After the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) board meeting in March, Winona Nava, president/CEO, of Guadalupe CU in Santa Fe, N.M., will join the NCUF Board as a CUNA board representative. Sandy Lingerfelt, president/CEO of Clinchfield FCU in Erwin, Tenn. currently holds the CUNA seat on the NCUF Board, but her on the CUNA Board term will end in March.
Additional members of the NCUF board include:
- Chairman--Gary Oakland, president/CEO, BECU, Tukwila, Wash.;
- Vice chairman--Laida Garcia, president/CEO, Florida Central CU, Tampa, Fla.;
- Secretary/Treasurer--John Radebaugh, president/CEO, North Carolina Credit Union League, Greensboro, N.C.;
- President--Bill Cheney, president/CEO, CUNA, Washington, D.C.;
- Paul Gentile, president/CEO, New Jersey Credit Union League, Hightstown, N.J.;
- John Gregoire, president, The ProCon Group, Madison, Wis.;
- Joe Guilfoy, executive director, Indiana Credit Union Foundation and vice president, consulting & education, Indiana Credit Union League, Indianapolis;
- Rudy Hanley, president/CEO, SchoolsFirst FCU, Santa Ana, Calif.;
- Stan Hollen, president/CEO, CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.;
- Christopher Roe, senior vice president, corporate & legislative affairs, CUNA Mutual Group, Madison, Wis.; and
- Mark Twisdale, senior vice president, human resources, State Employees' CU, Raleigh, N.C.