ALBANY, N.Y. (1/11/13)--The New York Credit Union Foundation awarded $45,953 in grants to New York credit unions and credit union supporters during 2012.
The grants were awarded in three categories: Smart Money, Financial Fitness and Professional Development.
Smart Money grants help credit unions provide financial education to their members and/or consumers. A total of $3,750 was awarded to three credit unions:
- ServU FCU, Painted Post;
- Westar FCU, Camillus; and
- Cooperative FCU, Syracuse.
Nine credit unions received a total of $12,111 in Financial Fitness grants to enhance operations and improve service to their members. They are:
- Greece Community FCU, Rochester;
- GRS Employees FCU, West Henrietta;
- MPO FCU, Middletown;
- UHS Employees FCU, Johnson City;
- Mount St. Mary's Hospital FCU, Lewiston,
- Erie County Employees FCU, Buffalo;
- SUNY Geneseo FCU, Geneseo;
- NYU FCU, New York; and
- St. John's Buffalo (N.Y.) FCU.
The foundation awarded 57 Professional Development Grants, totaling $30,092, to representatives of 30 credit unions to help fund their participation in industry training sessions and education events.