NEW ORLEANS (8/10/12)--The National Youth Involvement Board (NYIB) announced the election of several leaders and presented two awards at its annual meeting in New Orleans last week.
Rebecca Isaacs, business development director of the Credit Union Association of New Mexico, resigned her position of chairman after two years of service. Isaacs will remain on the board as chairman emeritus for one year. Julie McLean, director of financial education for Arapahoe CU, Centennial, Colo., will be chairman for 2012-2013.
NYIB regional coordinators elected to two-year terms include:
- Teresa Shively, education specialist, Gesa CU, Richland, Wash., Northwest region;
- Angela Halsey, director of marketing and business development, NuVista FCU, Montrose, Colo., Southwest region;
- J.R., Webster, financial educator, Tinker FCU, Oklahoma City, Okla., South Central region; and
- Incumbent Juli Lewis, youth marketing manager, Suncoast Schools FCU, Tampa, Fla., Southeast region.
Continuing their second year terms are:
- Anne-Marie Bisson, assistant vice president of financial education, Jeanne D'Arc CU, Lowell, Mass., Northeast regional coordinator; and
- Janice Quigg, marketing and community development specialist, OUR CU, Royal Oak, Mich., North Central regional coordinator.
In addition to McLean, board officers include:
- Vice Chairman--Lewis;
- Media Manager--Quigg;
- Vendor Relations Specialist--Webster; and
- Scholarship Specialist--Halsey.
McLean also was recognized as the 2012 Delegate of the Year. She works directly with public schools in Arapahoe County, providing financial presentations and workshops.
Webster was recognized as NYIB's Outstanding Volunteer of the Year. His primary focus at Tinker FCU is to deliver financial education to schools, businesses, and community organizations.