MADISON, Wis. (7/17/14)--The Credit Union National Association announced a new, eight-session eSchool focused on the compliance challenges faced by credit union human resources professionals.
The HR Compliance eSchool, which will run between Sept. 3 and Oct. 29, is tailored to keep human resources professionals updated on workplace law and better able to minimize risk.
"Human resources professionals sometimes get caught in a difficult balancing act between advocating for the employee and protecting the credit union," said Marlo Foltz, CUNA vice president of blended learning. "Over the course of eight Wednesdays this fall, we'll make sure they have the regulatory updates and compliance know-how to successfully position their credit unions and stay one step ahead in their HR roles."
The eSchool will identify and address common pitfalls that can put an organization at risk. Presented by human resources expert Joe Aitchison, each session offers resources for tackling the complexities of workplace compliance.
The CUNA HR Compliance eSchool session dates and topics are:
- Sept. 3: Complying with Fair Labor Standards Act and I-9;
- Sept. 10: HIPPA Privacy and Other Workplace Security Issues;
- Sept. 17: Social Media in the Workplace;
- Sept. 24: Family Medical Leave Act/Americans with Disability Act;
- Oct. 1: Department of Labor and Employee Retirement Income Security Act Audits;
- Oct. 15: Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Diversity and Affirmative Action Plans/Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs;
- Oct. 22: Harassment, Discrimination and Workplace Violence; and
- Oct. 29: Human Resource Audits--The Whats and the Whys.