ONTARIO, Calif. (11/18/11)--CURoots Cooperative--a credit union service organization (CUSO) launched last year by several credit unions and the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues to help credit unions reduce back-office costs--recently held its first annual meeting and elected its new board of directors.
Re-elected board members include:
- Chairman--Gary Perez, CEO, USC CU, Los Angeles;
- First vice chairman--Linda White, CEO, United Health CU, Burlingame, Calif.;
- Second vice chairman--Bill Birnie, CEO, Eagle Community CU, Lake Forest, Calif.;
- Diana Dykstra, California League Services Corporation; Ontario, Calif.;
- Jon Hernandez, CEO, CalCom FCU in Torrance, Calif.; and
- Joe Schroeder, CEO, Ventura County CU, Ventura, Calif.
New to the board is Kimberly Hester, executive vice president, network services for CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
CURoots' initial service offering features onsite and remote compliance services, specialized compliance audits, and policy reviews. The CUSO has 16 participating member-owner credit unions and service organizations and employs three full-time compliance officers.
For 2012, CURoots Cooperative will launch its second service--CU Vitality--in collaboration leagues. The new service will offer a collective benefits solution, including medical, dental and vision plans for member-owners.
Also, CURoots plans to launch an enterprise risk management division, which will provide internal audits and loan portfolio analysis.
"We're also reviewing other ancillary services to offer as part of CU Vitality next year, such as group and individual life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, workers compensation, and employee wellness programs," said CURoots CEO Lucy Ito.