HARRISBURG, Pa. (10/22/13)--The Pennsylvania Credit Union Association announced appointments to its Young Professionals Network (YPN) Leadership Council (Life is a Highway
Young professional groups seek to engage a younger generation of leadership at a time when credit union membership is aging. The average age of an adult credit union member in the U.S. currently stands at 47.9 years old, according the Credit Union National Association.
The PCUA Council members include:
- T.J. Adkinson, assistant branch manager, Members 1st FCU, Mechanicsburg;
- Amanda Carozza, human resource representative/compliance officer, Eagle One FCU, Philadelphia;
- April Dunn, web account specialist, Citadel FCU, Exton;
- Joe Gimble, vice president operations, Superior CU, Collegeville;
- Stacy Hovan, comptroller, P & G Mehoopany Employees FCU, Tunkhannock;
- Melissa Polan, marketing and sales coordinator, Washington (Pa.) Area Teachers FCU; and
- Michael Williams, director of business development, Widget Financial FCU, Erie.
Council members will represent their regions and promote membership in the association's Young Professionals Network (YPN).
They will also be responsible for attending at least one meeting of each chapter in their designated region; hosting an education seminar/idea sharing event directed to YPN concerns; and promoting YPN membership at meetings and through networking events. Employees and volunteers, ages 18-35, are eligible to join the YPN.
The network is a dues-supported initiative of the PCUA. Mid-Atlantic Corporate FCU has been a sponsor.