MADISON, Wis. (11/9/12)--Credit union leagues continue to report strong outcomes for credit union-backed candidates in Tuesday's general election.
All four candidates endorsed by the Missouri Credit Union Association (MCUA) as 2012 Credit Union Champions won their respective races. Winners include:
- Rep. Lacy Clay (D-District 1);
- Rep.-elect Ann Wagner (R-District 2);
- State Rep.-elect Jon Carpenter (D-District 15); and
- State Rep.-elect Michael Frame (D-District 111).
In Maine, four of the six credit union board volunteers running for the Maine Legislature were victorious, the Maine Credit Union League reported. Representatives re-elected included:
- Rep. Michael Lajoie (D-Lewiston), chair at Lewiston (Me.) Municipal FCU;
- Rep. Ken Fredette (R-Newport), board member at Sebasticook Valley FCU, Pittsfield;
- Rep. Jeffrey Gifford (R-Lincoln), board member at Lincoln (Me.) Maine FCU; and
- Rep. Ray Wallace (R-Dexter), a member of supervisory committee at Maine Highlands FCU.
In the Maine Senate, of the 28 races the league endorsed, 19 endorsed candidates won their races, for a 68% success rate.
In the Maine House, the league achieved a 79% success rate with 56 of 71 endorsed candidates winning their races.
The Texas Credit Union League's (TCUL) Political Action Committee scored at 95% success rate in races in the state, and at the national level Credit Union Legislative Action Committee scored 96% success rate. In Congress, all 32 Texas congressional representatives (23 Republicans and 9 Democrats) were up for re-election.
Leagues report more election success for CU-backed candidates
For more news on the election of success of credit union-backed candidates, see "CUNA, CU-backed candidates have a strong outcome" in the Thursday edition of News Now
. Use the resource link below.