Archive Links

Consumer Archive
CU System Archive
Market Archive
Products Archive
Washington Archive
150x172_CUEffect.jpg
Contacts
LISA MCCUEVICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
MICHELLE WILLITSManaging Editor
RON JOOSSASSISTANT EDITOR
ALEX MCVEIGHSTAFF NEWSWRITER
TOM SAKASHSTAFF NEWSWRITER

News Now

CU System
Southwest Corporate webinar discusses portfolio revenues
PLANO, Texas (2/12/08)--Southwest Corporate plans a webinar later this month to provide member credit unions with an overview of its investment portfolio, financial results, and related credit risk management and oversight process. The date and time will be announced soon, said President/CEO John Cassidy, in a special notice from the corporate, prompted by press reports of the deteriorating mortgage market and its effect on U.S. Central. He noted the corporate continues to have confidence in U.S. Central and its financial strength. Last week, Standard and Poor’s changed its rating for U.S. Central FCU to AA+ from AAA. Fitch Ratings reaffirmed the credit union’s AAA rating one week before. Standard and Poor’s change aligns U.S. Central’s rating with the same AA+ rating it has held from Moody’s, Cassidy said. About 95% of U.S. Central’s long-term marketable securities are rated AAA, with the remaining 5% rated AA. The AA+ rating is the second-highest rating possible for a financial institution. After the mortgage market began to deteriorate, Southwest Corporate began publishing monthly financial reports for its members last fall. The reports are available on Southwest Corporate’s website.
Other Resources

RSS





print
News Now LiveWire
Final field-of-membership rule tops April 30 NCUA agenda http://t.co/gFIhRhUCts
14 hours ago
.@CUNA's @Nussle speaks to @VonnieQuinn about #StoptheDataBreaches and reg. relief. http://t.co/TMTubG9Afk
16 hours ago
RT @NCUFoundation: .The Foundation's @hylandhighway with @NatlJumpStart President/CEO Laura Levine at #FLHillDay2015 today: http://t.co/ep5…
19 hours ago
Seriously underwater homes rise, new-home sales tumble News Now: http://t.co/2LzWTkqnES
19 hours ago
#NewsNow Cornerstone Foundation awards $71K in grants http://t.co/Y6D8K9rwWv
21 hours ago