WASHINGTON (5/19/14)--"People helping people" and credit union cooperative philosophies were common themes among this year's winners of the Credit Union National Association's Blockbuster Awards.
|The Virginia Credit Union League's "Quit the Hit" campaign, featuring the softer side of George Washington, won best of show in the Credit Union National Association's Blockbuster Awards.
The awards highlight state credit union leagues' work in marketing, advertising and publications.
The Virginia Credit Union League's (VCUL) "Quit the Hit" campaign was honored in best of show and best use of social media, which included a video of a surly George Washington. The Northwest Credit Union Association (NWCUA) picked up five awards.
The winners are:
- Best ad on behalf of league or league service corporation: Credit Union Association of New Mexico, "Claim Your Youth" conference book;
- Best campaign on behalf of league service corporation: Missouri Credit Union Association, "Bank on More;"
- Best credit union campaign (tie): Pennsylvania CU Association, "iBelong," and NWCUA, "Say No to Big Banks;"
- Best logo design: NWCUA, Amplify;
- Blow your own horn: League of Southeastern Credit Unions (LSCU), "LSCU from the Governmental Affairs Conference" videos;
- Best community relations program: Credit Union Association of Dakotas (CUAD), CU Social Good;
- Best league publication, magazine: California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues,
- Best league publication, newsletter: NWCUA,
- Best league piece on the uniqueness of credit unions: Nebraska Credit Union League, "Credit Union Awareness" insert;
- Best public relations project: NWCUA, "Truth Speaks" SOS (Save Our Tax Status--Oregon);
- Best league annual report: Pennsylvania Credit Union Association, 2012 annual report;
- Best website: NWCUA, Truth Speaks;
- Best online publication: CUAD,
- Best use of social media: VCUL, "Quit the Hit;" and
- Best of show: VCUL, "Quit the Hit."
Winners will be honored at CUNA's GAPS/Communicators Conference June 16 in Washington, D.C.