MADISON, Wis. (2/13/14)--CUNA Mutual Group has appointed Janet V. Whitehouse to its board of directors.
Whitehouse brings nearly three decades of business and insurance industry experience to the CUNA Mutual Group board, most recently as president of Wentworth Advisory Group, which provides strategic advice to corporations in various stages of development.
She began her career as an elementary school teacher, then after earning an MBA in 1985, she entered the corporate world. Whitehouse served as a senior executive at Sun Life Financial and Unum Corp. In those roles, she led complex mergers and acquisitions, financial turnarounds, organizational restructuring and business development ventures.
"Janet's proven leadership experience and vast knowledge of the insurance industry will be tremendous assets to the board of directors and our company," said Jeff Post, president/CEO, CUNA Mutual Group.
In addition to Whitehouse and Post, other CUNA Mutual Group board members include:
- Eldon R. Arnold, chairman, retired president/CEO, CEFCU, Peoria, Ill.;
- C. Alan Peppers, president/CEO, Westerra CU, Denver;
- Joseph J. Gasper, retired president/COO, Nationwide Insurance, Columbus, Ohio;
- Loretta M. Burd, retired president/CEO, Centra CU, Columbus, Ind.;
- Bert J. Hash Jr., president/CEO, Municipal Employees CU of Baltimore Inc.;
- Larry T. Wilson, retired president/CEO, Coastal FCU, Raleigh, N.C.;
- James W. Zilinski, retired chairman/president/CEO, Berkshire Life Insurance Co., Pittsfield, Mass.;
- Robert J. Marzec, retired audit partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, New York;
- Randy M. Smith, retired CEO, Randolph-Brooks FCU, Live Oak, Texas;
- Thomas C. Godlasky, vice chairman, retired CEO, Aviva North America, Des Moines, Iowa; and
- Caren C. Gabriel, president/CEO, Ascend FCU, Tullahoma, Okla.