CHARLOTTE, N.C. (1/15/13)--Agility Recovery will host a free webinar Wednesday on the current status of the flu affecting the U.S.
The webinar, "The 2013 Flu Outbreak: Risks and Ways to Prepare," will be held from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET.
Agility Recovery is a CUNA Strategic Services Provider.
With 47 states now reporting "widespread" flu activity, a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) report show that deaths from pneumonia and flu are "slightly above the epidemic threshold."
In the webinar, Dr. Michael Jhung, lead medical officer in the CDC's Influenza Division, will outline steps credit unions can take to reduce the risk to staff, employees and members.
Topics on preparedness will include:
- Maintaining a healthy work environment;
- Staying informed;
- Cross-training employees;
- Preparing for telecommuting needs;
- Diversifying the supply chain; and
- Updating sick, family and medical leave policies.
To register for the meeting, use the link.