MADISON, Wis. (12/2/13)--The Credit Union National Association will host a free, one-hour Pressing Regulatory & Compliance Issues Audio Conference at 1 p.m. CT Thursday.
Legislative affairs, compliance and regulatory advocacy will be addressed during the conference.
Progress on regulatory relief legislation, an update on housing finance reform and the latest news on tax reform will be among the legislative issues discussed.
Six frequently asked questions about upcoming mortgage lending rules and clarification of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's remittance transfer rule are among the compliance topics that will be addressed.
Regulatory advocacy topics include:
- National Credit Union Administration board activity, including the 2014 Corporate Credit Union Stabilization Fund, the final rule on credit union service organizations and the agency's 2014 operating budget.
- CFPG's final rule on integrated Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act/Truth in Lending Act Mortgage Disclosures;
- An update on debit interchange litigation;
- The Federal Reserve's request for input on paper about payment system improvement; and
- NCUA's proposed requirement for capital planning and stress testing for some credit unions.
Registration for the audio conference is required. Use the link.