MADISON, Wis. (12/1/11)--Registration and school information is now available for the 2012 CUNA Volunteer Institute, May 6-9 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
From legislation and liabilities to board motivation, volunteers will explore a curriculum designed to increase their impact in the boardroom. The institute, presented by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), is designed for volunteers looking to increase their knowledge while connecting with peers.
Attendees will hear from credit union experts on these topics:
- CEO oversight--What's the right formula?
- Secrets of an effective board chair;
- Motivating board volunteers and bringing fun to the boardroom;
- Today's economy and the risks for your credit union; and
- Directors who make a difference
"The wealth of information provided at this institute goes a long way in improving board member performance and strengthening the credit union movement as a whole," said Kevin Smith, CUNA director of volunteer education. "The efforts of these volunteers set high standards for their credit union staff and help demonstrate to their members their dedication to their credit unions."