RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (6/5/12)--Entries are now being accepted for CO-OP THINK Prize 13, a competition to inspire solutions to issues confronting the credit union industry.
Entrants have until Sept. 28 to complete their Round One applications and become eligible for the MasterCard-sponsored $10,000 grand prize, said CO-OP Financial Services.
The solutions put forward in the competition can take any form. Examples include an innovative application of technology, a new process for back office efficiency or a fresh approach to industry advertising and marketing.
Judging is based on four standards: impact, creativity, the application of the idea across the industry and ease of implementation.
Key CO-OP THINK Prize 13 dates include:
- Sept. 28--Deadline to complete an on-line entry application;
- Oct. 30--Semi-finalists will be notified, and invited to produce a detailed business plan;
- Dec. 19--Semi-finalist business plans are due;
- Jan. 31, 2013--A total of three finalists will be notified on or about this date;
- March 25-April 19, 2013--On-line voting takes place; and
- May 1, 2013--Announcement of winner at the THINK 13 Conference in Chicago.
This is the third year for the CO-OP THINK Prize competition. The prize money goes to the individual entrant, who may use it toward executing the idea, though not obligated to do so.
The 25 semi-finalists and the three finalists are selected by judges from CO-OP Financial Services and an industry panel.