ALEXANDRIA, Va. (3/14/13)--National Credit Union Administration Office of Examination and Insurance Deputy Director Timothy Segerson will discuss how agency examiners evaluate a credit union's ability to manage operational and balance sheet risk during a March 27 agency webinar.
The free webinar will be presented by the NCUA's Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives (OSCUI). It is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. ET.
OSCUI staff during the webinar will also discuss:
- How credit unions can effectively manage interest rate and liquidity risk;
- How credit unions can control for concentration risk;
- How a credit union can measure and manage technology risks;
- Whether a credit union's internal controls are sufficient to deter and mitigate fraud, errors or other operational problems; and
- Whether a credit union's supervisory committee and audit functions are adequate for its size and complexity.
The NCUA said webinar participants will also have the opportunity to gain insight from a staff member of a credit union that has gone through the net worth restoration plan process.
For the full NCUA release, use the resource link.