WASHINGTON (2/8/13)--Senate Banking Committee Chairman Tim Johnson (D-S.D.) Thursday announced the leadership lineup for his panel's subcommittees.
Johnson in a release said the subcommittee chairs have his complete confidence "and they will surely make significant contributions to sustaining and strengthening our economic recovery."
The subcommittee heads are:
- Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), who will lead the housing, transportation, and community development subcommittee;
- Jon Tester (D-Mont.), who will lead the securities, insurance, and investment subcommittee;
- Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), who will lead the financial institutions and consumer protection subcommittee;
- Mark Warner (D-Va.), who will lead the national security and international trade and finance subcommittee; and
- Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), who will lead the economic policy subcommittee.
Menendez, Brown and Warner led their respective subcommittees in the last Congress.
The full committee is expected to vote on these subcommittee choices next week.