WASHINGTON (5/28/13)--The Credit Union National Association is now offering its second "Pressing Regulatory and Compliance Issues Audio Conference" of the year--free to affiliated credit unions--on June 5.
Next Wednesday's program will feature legislative developments, such as:
- Tax reform and the threat to the credit union tax status; and,
- CUNA's efforts in the U.S. Congress to provide regulatory relief to credit unions.
On the regulatory side, the program will discuss issues, such as:
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's (CFPB's) mortgage lending regulations; the status of regulations that become effective June 1; prohibition on financing credit life/disability, debt cancellation products' prohibition on arbitration clauses; escrow accounts for higher-priced mortgages; as well as the status of regulations to be effective January 2014;
- A Financial Accounting Standards Board proposal on credit losses; and
- National Credit Union Administration issues, such as prompt corrective action, the new proposal on derivatives authority and a quick overview of NCUA actions expected in the second half of 2013.
The final two "pressing issues" session are slated for Sept. 5 and Dec. 5. Topics for those audio conferences will be announced as the programs are finalized.
Use the resource link for registration and more information.