WASHINGTON (6/14/13)--The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has consolidated its new and pending mortgage rules, and associated implementation materials, into a new one-stop regulatory resource for credit unions and others impacted by and interested in is rules.
The bureau's new Regulatory Implementation web page includes:
- Mortgage rules at a glance;
- Small entity compliance guides;
- The 2013 rural or underserved counties list; and
"Our goal with this page is to provide access to our mortgage-related implementation resources though a single web page that makes the rule content more accessible for a broad array of industry constituents, especially smaller businesses with limited legal and compliance staff," the CFPB said in a release.
New resources will be added to the page as they are developed, the bureau added. For more on the CFPB page, use the link.
The CFPB stressed that the implementation materials are not substitutes for the underlying rules.
The Credit Union National Association's next members-only Regulatory Advocacy Report will be taking a deeper look at the new CFPB resource, noting such things as the page's links to a new table that lists for each mortgage rule:
- All of the mortgage rules at a glance, including the Dodd-Frank Act citations;
- Small entity compliance guides and videos;
- Each Federal Register notice, including those for the proposed rules, final rules and any amendments or updates to the final rules; and
- Other resources such as charts.
CUNA members may use the resource link below to sign up for the RAR, which is published each Monday.