CUNA's NMLS Approved Comprehensive Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) Course
The rules issued by the CFPB pursuant to Dodd-Frank amended Regulation Z require that a loan originator must receive periodic training. This training must cover Federal and State law requirements that relate to the individual loan originator's origination activities. One way to obtain a safe harbor is for the MLO to receive NMLS-approved training.
CUNA's NMLS-approved training options, self-study and face-to-face, are instructed by PolicyWorks' Michael Christians and covers:
Federal Law and Regulations
- Truth in Lending Act / Regulation Z
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act / Regulation X
- Fair Credit Reporting Act / Regulation V
Ethics, Consumer Protection and Fair Lending
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act / Regulation B
- Fair Housing Act
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act / Regulation C
- Servicemember Civil Relief Act
Non-Traditional Mortgage Products
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- Higher Priced Mortgage Loans
- High-Cost Mortgages
Undefined Mortgage Instruction
- Appraisal Requirements
- Flood Insurance
- Private Mortgage Insurance
Self-study course -A brand new course is being developed for 2016. Request to be notified when the course is available.
Face-to-face course -2016 dates and locations are being developed.
Interested in hosting Mortgage Loan Originator training?
For additional information regarding hosting Mortgage Loan Originator training, please contact Tracy Blaske, CUNA's Director of Compliance Education at 608-231-4030 or email.
*NMLS Approved Course Provider #1405021
Credit Union National Association • 5710 Mineral Point Road, Madison, WI 53705 • 800 356-9655