In the new edition, information was added about the Credit Card Act.
The eleven sections cover the following areas:
- Recognizing and Addressing Financial Needs
- Communicating with Members
- Budgets, Spending Plans, & Reducing Debt
- Coping with Creditors and Bankruptcy
- Helping Members in Severe Financial Straits
- Managing Taxes and Major Expenses
- Understanding Insurance
- Getting and Handling Credit
- Money Conflicts and Special Challenges
- Savings and Investments
- Measuring Success
The Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC) designation requires recertification every three years to ensure that your knowledge about financial counseling is current.
An optional online exam is included with this course through CUNA CPDOnline. Additional exams can be purchased for $24.50 each.