In this module, you will be provided a framework for designing and implementing a financial counseling program that includes case studies of credit union counseling services. In addition, learn more about the legal rights of the member and his or her creditors as well as options for negotiating with creditors and dealing with severe financial issues such as eviction, repossession and bankruptcy.
- Establishing and Repairing Credit
- Financial Terms and Issues
- Dealing with Creditors
- Addressing Severe Financial Problems
- Creditor and Consumer Rights and Remedies
- Repossession, Foreclosure and Bankruptcy
- Offering Referrals to Members
- Directing Members to Community Resources
This course is part of the CUNA Credit Union Financial Counseling Certification Program (FiCEP).
Third Edition, Released April 2014