Lead members to a stronger financial future
Credit Union Financial Counseling Certification Program (FiCEP) helps credit union professionals guide members through current financial situations and prepare for the future while enabling all credit union staff to become more confident in their interactions with members.
By completing both Parts 1 and 2 of the self-study or eSchool option and the corresponding exams, you can earn your CUNA Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC) designation. Learn more about CUNA designations.
Benefits of earning your designation include:
- Proven financial counseling skills become a part of your credit union's culture
- Written for all staff levels so anyone can utilize financial counseling knowledge during every member interaction
- Certification satisfies members' needs as they continually look for the value of your credit union
- Differentiates your credit union with certified financial counselors on your team
- Helps members transform the way they deal with budgeting, saving, debt reduction and planning for the future, through real-world counseling
With the self-study option, you can learn at your own pace. Select from the kits below in eBook or print format, or take one module at a time. Learn more about the self-study options.
With the eSchool option, complete your training with instructor-led courses. You'll attend live sessions during the dates below, plus have access to the recordings after the live event. By purchasing CUNA Training Bundle, your entire credit union can get access to this and all eSchools and webinars.
ACE Accredited Program
The American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE Credit) has evaluated and recommended college credit for Credit Union Financial Counseling Certification Program. For more information, visit ACE Credit's website.
All exams must be proctored, regardless of whether they are administered on paper or online. Learn more about proctored exam procedures.
The Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC) designation requires recertification every three years to ensure that your knowledge about financial counseling is current. Learn more about recertification options.
Financial Counselors Listserv
Network anytime! Join fellow financial counselor professionals on the Financial Counselors Listserv. For affiliated credit unions only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Not finding all of the answers to your questions? View our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.