MADISON, Wis. (12/4/13)--Seven credit union leaders were elected by acclamation to the board of directors for the Credit Union National Association.
The elected directors, their districts and classes are below.District 1
--Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands:
- Class A (credit unions having less than 25,000 natural person members)--Edwin L. Williams, president, Discovery FCU, Wyomissing, Pa., $132 million assets; and
- Class D (league presidents)--William J. Mellin, president, Credit Union Association of New York, Albany, N.Y.
--Delaware, District of Columbia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia:
- Class B (credit unions having at least 25,000 but not more than 93,999 natural person members)--Dallas Bergl, president, INOVA FCU, Elkhart, Ind., $281 million assets; and
- Class D--Rick Pillow, president, Virginia Credit Union League, Lynchburg, Va.
--Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee:
- Class C (credit unions having at least 94,000 natural person members)--Maurice R. Smith, president, Local Government FCU, Raleigh, N.C., $1.3 billion assets.
--Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming:
- Class C--Tony C. Budet, president, University FCU, Austin, Texas, $1.64 million assets.
--Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, American Samoa, Guam, Johnston Atoll, Midway Atoll, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll and Wake Atoll:
- Class B--Jeff York, president, CoastHills FCU, Lompoc, Calif., $718 million assets.
In District 4--which covers Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin--there is one contested election for Class A. Voters will choose between Pat Drennen, CEO, 1st Gateway CU, Camanche, Iowa, $87 million, and Geraldine Burek, president/CEO, South Division CU, Evergreen Park, Ill., $53 million.
Ballots for the contested election were mailed Monday to all affiliated credit unions in District 4, Class A, with a voting deadline of Jan. 10. Results will be announced Jan. 15.
Directors elected will take office upon the adjournment of CUNA's Annual General Meeting during the Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C., Feb. 24.