MADISON, Wis. (7/31/14)--Session topics have been announced for the CUNA Volunteer Institute, to be held January 18-21in Cancun, Mexico.
"The institute will give attendees a chance to get away from the office and buckle down on what the role of a volunteer will mean in 2015," said Kevin Smith, Credit Union National Association director of learning events. "Cancun is a fantastic place to get refreshed, re-energized and re-focused on critical volunteer topics."
CUNA Volunteer Institute brings together credit union board members to keep them up-to-date on the challenges and responsibilities of their roles, as well as opportunities for ongoing volunteer education. This year's expert-led sessions will address the latest issues and enable attendees to network with fellow leaders from across the country.
Institute highlights include:
- Keynote presentation on finding your core volunteer purpose, with Tim Harrington;
- Crucial sessions on CEO succession planning and today's shortage of CEO talent with David Hilton;
- Economic update from CUNA interim Chief Economist Mike Schenk;
- Risks associated with real estate and the new market; and
- Updates on changing NCUA examination strategies.