CUNA Volunteer Achievement Program (VAP) helps credit union volunteers learn to work effectively, make informed decisions, and improve credit union performance.
Today's rapidly changing credit union climate has credit unions relying more heavily than ever on the leadership skills of their elected officials. In fact, to keep up with this pace more and more credit unions are requiring continuing education for their volunteers. VAP is your credit union's solution to find learning opportunities here for both new and experienced volunteers.
VAP self-study courses teach the philosophical and financial topics that board members and other volunteers need for their decision-making responsibilities. VAP is your credit union's key to strengthening the knowledge of volunteers on a wide range of topics from financial management to compliance to strategic leadership.
The CUNA Volunteer Achievement Program Difference
- Flexible courses to accommodate all schedules.
- Economical variety of courses to provide everything needed for your board and committees.
- More than 40 quick-reading courses that provide the core knowledge directors and volunteers need.
- All courses are written for volunteers, and cover topics including Credit Union Fundamentals, Board of Director and Supervisory Committee Fundamentals, Leadership, Marketing, Planning, and Regulatory Compliance.
- More than 30 years of proven credit union training experience goes into every course.
- Various levels of volunteer recognition are available after successful completion of course exams.
Choose your training format:
VAP Printed Courses
VAP courses are 50-to-100 page printed books that take an average study time of three to four hours to complete. Each book includes an optional 20 question, open-book exam. These exams can be taken online through CUNA Professional Development Online (CPD Online) (one included with each course).
VAP Online Exams & Courses
All VAP exams in addition to nine VAP courses* are offered online through CPD Online.
*V01 History & Philosophy, V02 Financial Reports, V03 Managing Risk, V305 The Basics of Risk Assessment for Volunteers, V303 The Supervisory Committee’s Role in Due Diligence, V409 Financial Management, V415 Asset-Liability Management for Directors, V428 Understanding Audit Reports and V433 The Credit Union Board Chair Handbook - A Guide to Leading a High-Functioning Board
VAP eBook Courses
Select VAP courses are available as eBooks. This new format, available for most eReaders, allows for convenient and flexible training. Each eBook purchase includes access to the online exam for that course.
- View VAP courses and individual pricing here. To sort by eBooks, click the button labeled “title” under the “CUNA Volunteer Achievement Program Course Listing” title at the top and choose product type to view eBook courses in ascending order.
- Learn how eBooks work.