LAS VEGAS (5/24/13)--John Lund, president/CEO of America First CU, Riverdale, Utah, was elected board chairman of CU Direct Corp. during the credit union service organization's annual lending conference this week in Las Vegas.
Lund has served on CU Direct's board since 2005. The company's board of directors also elected Jeff March, president/CEO of Citadel CU, Exton, Pa., as vice chairman, and Nader Moghaddam, president/CEO of Financial Partners CU, Downey, Calif., as the board's secretary and treasurer.
Lund and Moghaddam were also elected to new three-year board terms. Company shareholders also elected Chuck Purvis, president/CEO of Coastal FCU, Raleigh, N.C., to his first term as a director on the board. Previously, Purvis served on the board as an associate director.
During the company's shareholder's meeting, CU Direct President/CEO Tony Boutelle and the board recognized outgoing chairman, Joe Brancucci, president/CEO of GTE Financial FCU, Tampa, Fla., for his service as chairman of the board from 2011to 2013. Brancucci, who has served on CU Direct's board since 2004, will continue to serve in his new position as ex-officio on the board.
Also serving on CU Direct's board are:
- Diana Dykstra, president/ CEO, California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues;
- David Reynolds, CEO, Security Service FCU, San Antonio, Texas;
- Barry Jolette, president/CEO, San Mateo CU, Redwood City, Calif.;
- Sterling Nielsen, president/CEO, Mountain America CU, West Jordan, Utah; and
- Donna Bland, president/CEO, Golden 1 CU, Sacramento, Calif.