MADISON, Wis. (1/16/13)--Gaining a better understanding of credit union lending compliance is the appeal of the CUNA Lending Compliance School June 2-6 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
The school offers credit union professionals a comprehensive curriculum focused on in-depth compliance topics in all disciplines of lending. Attendees at this year's school will:
- Participate in a compliance management system interactive project, walking through the regulatory change process from proposed rule to implementation;
- Gain in-depth knowledge from the 12 new breakout sessions with topics such as consumer, residential real estate and member business lending;
- Discover high-demand topics in smaller segments and dive into the details of loan modifications, mortgage rules, new consumer rules, fair lending, bankruptcy basics, pre-screening rules and more;
- Learn about the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau through a general session that is followed by breakouts on individual rules; and
- Network during more than five hours of team projects and lending challenge breakout sessions.