MADISON, Wis. (2/1/12)--The Credit Union National Association's (CUNA) 2012 Regulatory Compliance Schools will take place April 22-27 in Orlando, Fla. and Sept. 16-21 in Anaheim, Calif.
E-schools will be held on several dates throughout 2012 beginning March 6 and ending Nov. 27.
The CUNA Regulatory Compliance Schools feature annual regulatory updates, general overviews and advanced sessions. They are designed to provide credit union professionals of all backgrounds and skill levels an understanding of the major regulations affecting credit unions and their regulatory duties.
Testing to earn the Credit Union Compliance Expert designation is available onsite at the live events.
CUNA Regulatory Compliance Schools will cover a number of 2012 hot regulatory topics, including:
- General Operations Regulations
- Privacy (Reg P); and
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
- Deposit Account Regulations
- Transfer limits (Reg D); and
- International remittances (Reg E).
- NCUA Requirements & Guidance
- Portfolio concentrations;
- Diversity for minority credit unions; and
- Risk management.
- Mortgage Lending Regulations
- Know Before You Owe Program;
- Closed-end mortgage changes (Reg Z);
- SAFE Act;
- Troubled debt restructuring.
- Consumer Lending Regulations
- Open-end lending (Reg Z);
- Lending to military personnel; and
- Fair Credit Reporting Act.