DES MOINES, Iowa. (4/5/13)--Coopera, in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association, has teamed up with the National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions to host a free webinar, "Adapting Products and Services to Serving Immigrant Markets," April 16, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. CT.
"Immigrants are a vibrant, dynamic part of our nation's economy and represent a tremendous untapped and emerging market for credit unions," said Miriam De Dios, Coopera CEO and a webinar presenter.
"They are consumers, homeowners and business owners," she said. "It is essential for credit unions to acknowledge both the opportunities among this market segment, as well as the diversity of particular needs among immigrant families. The ability to connect with this crucial segment of the growing Hispanic marketplace can reap tremendous ongoing rewards in terms of loyalty and member growth."
The webinar will provide insights to better serve the financial needs of underserved markets like the Hispanic and other immigrant populations.
Topics to be covered include:
- The current immigrant market, and needs and opportunities to serve this rapidly growing demographic;
- The changing needs of a credit union's immigrant members;
- How cultural differences affect employees' roles at the credit union, as well as interactions with members and potential members;
- Strategies and innovative programs to serve immigrant markets; and
- Innovative products and services to better serve this market.
To register, use the link.