MADISON, Wis. (6/26/08)--The annual Pro and Blockbuster Award winners--for excellence in public relations, marketing, and advertising by state credit union leagues and league service corporations (LSC)--were announced during the American Association of Credit Union Leagues’ 2008 Public Relations and Communications Conference in Washington, D.C. The Best of Show Pro Award went to the Pennsylvania Credit Union Association (PCUA) for its “Credit Union Better Choice” payday lending alternative program. The program provides credit unions, especially smaller institutions, with a communications campaign and resources to serve the unbanked and underserved populations. It helps credit unions demonstrate that they are concerned with the financial health of all Americans and differentiate themselves from for-profit financial institutions. The Best of Show Blockbuster Award was also presented to PCUA for its iBelong Campaign. First place Blockbuster Awards for best league or LSC advertising collateral materials included:
* Best Sales Promotion: Wisconsin Credit Union League--league marketing agency, The Credit Union Story; * Best Print Materials, two colors or less: Credit Union Marketing Resources (Texas), Texas Credit Union League Political Action Committee Fundraising Resources Guide; and * Best Print Materials, three or more colors: North Carolina Credit Union League, Marketing Council Conference Promotional Brochure.
Two first-place Blockbuster Awards for league/LSC advertising campaigns went to:
* Best Campaign, budget $10,000 or less: California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues, 2007 Big Valley Educational Conference Campaign; and * Best Campaign, budget more than $10,000: Credit Union Association of New Mexico, CU Succeed Teen’s Financial Network.
Under Best Credit Union Electronic Media Advertising, the California and Nevada leagues placed first in the best credit union radio spot category for its “Famous” spot. Two first-place winners for best credit union advertising collateral material were:
* Best Credit Union Sales Promotion: Credit Union Association of New York for its “Want a Quarter Percent Off of Your New Mortgage?” Campaign; and * Best Credit Union Print Materials, three or more colors: Credit Union Association of Colorado, Routt Schools FCU Membership Brochure.
Three first-place finishes for credit union advertising campaigns were awarded to:
* Best Credit Union Campaign, budget $10,000 or less: Growth by Design (Georgia), Time to Upgrade Campaign; * Best Credit Union Campaign, budget more than $10,000: PCUA, iBelong Campaign; and * Best Logo Design: North Carolina league, Advanced Fraud Solutions Corporate Logo.
First place Pro Awards went to:
* Blow Your Own Horn: Texas league, Value of Membership; * Best Community Relations Program: PCUA, Credit Union Better Choice Program; * Best Public Relations Project: Iowa Credit Union League, Advocacy Campaign; and * Best League Piece on the Uniqueness of Credit Unions: Mississippi Credit Union Association, Reflections of Katrina: “People Helping People”--Mississippi Credit Unions Express Thanks.
Pro Award first place finishers for best publications were:
* Magazine, small budget: Missouri Credit Union Association, Missouri Courier Magazine; * Magazine, large budget: Texas league, LoneStar Perspectives; and * Most Improved Publication: California and Nevada leagues, Credit Union Digest.
Other first place Pro Awards went to:
* Best League Annual Report or Yearbook, small budget: North Carolina league, Meeting the Credit Union Challenges--NCCUL 2006 Annual Report; * Best League Annual Report or Yearbook, large budget: Wisconsin league--league marketing agency, Lead the Way--WCUL 2006 Annual Report; * Best World Wide Web Site: California and Nevada leagues, CreditUnionsWork.org Web site; and * Best Online Publication: Credit Union Association of Oregon, Oregon Outlook.